IRG had a flash-based website that was dated, which company staff could not alter themselves. Because it was flash-based, search engines had little to index, dropping IRG's ranking. IRG had plans to develop its business, but its website was not going to help those plans. IRG hired a design firm to completely revamp the design. With an excellent new overall design, but still struggling with the content, IRG was stuck.
IRG hired ClearlyByDesign.com to take the new design, and create its new website as a content-management-based system. The site was up and running with IRG's new look and feel, and fully featured to let IRG staff manage the site content. Initial content was loaded at the time the new site went live. The flexibility of using a content-management-based system meant that IRG didn't have to finalise all its content in order for its site to be operational. Content was added after the site went live, and continues to be added as the site now can respond to IRG's business!
IRG's new site does a lot of work for IRG automatically, triggered by simple creation of new content, or at the time of requests as someone views the site. This means IRG is in control of its site's content, can change it when needed easily, and doesn't have to depend on outside resources to keep the site in-line with IRG's business objectives. Specific advantages include:
- Content creation by company staff instead of having to depend on technical contractors.
- WYSIWYG content editing within the site.
- Dynamic header and other images within the site, changing as the content changes automatically, without staff having to worry about making it happen.
- Automatic generation of views of various types of content summarising them, such as whitepapers and press release lists, without staff having to create those summary pages.
- Site search indexing automatically.
- Submission to search engines automatically when new content is added.